Questions about or problems with our databases? Please contact the Reference Department by email or telephone: (740) 446-7323, ext. 241 & 242.
Ohio Web Library: The Ohio Web Library is an evolving collection of thousands of online publications and research resources. The Ohio Web Library includes: popular magazines, trade publications, scholarly research journals, newspapers, encyclopedias, dictionaries, speeches, poems, plays, maps, satellite images of Ohio, and more. The Ohio Web Library supports quality education, a skilled workforce, business growth, and lifelong learning in Ohio.
Gale Courses: Access to hundreds of instructor-led online courses covering everything from health and wellness to creative writing, computer programming, GED test preparation and much more. Gale Courses are developed by expert instructors, many of whom are currently working at universities around the country, and have continuous enrollment dates.
Automobiles & Engines
- Auto Mate: Repair and maintenance information for foreign and domestic vehicles, including wiring diagrams and diagnostic trouble codes.
- Chilton Library: A database from Chilton that includes repair and maintenance information for foreign and domestic vehicles.
- Small Engine Repair: A database that includes repair and maintenance information for a variety of lawn tractors, ATVs, and other small engines.
Books, Arts, & Literature
- BookFlix (Home Access / In Library Access): Scholastic BookFlix is an online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks from Weston Woods with related nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic to build a love of reading and learning. The engaging way to link fact and fiction, BookFlix reinforces early reading skills and introduces children to a world of knowledge and exploration.
- Literary Reference Center: Browse and research works of literature and authors.
- Salem Literature (Critical Survey of Long Fiction and Masterplots): Browse and research works of literature and authors. Contains all of the content found in Critical Survey of Long Fiction and Masterplots.
- Cypress Resume: Create and download personalized resumes, cover letters, and CVs.
- Glassdoor: A free jobs and career community that offers an inside look at jobs and companies with "employee generated content" - anonymous salaries, company reviews, interview questions, and more - all posted by employees, job seekers, and sometimes the companies themselves.
General Reference & Research
- Academic Search Premier: This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: Search and access hundreds of reference e-books on a variety of subjects.
- Oxford Reference: Access to Oxford's prestigious reference publishing: cross-search quality A-Z reference.
- World Book Encyclopedia: Access the World Book Encyclopedia enhanced with images, videos, and multi-media.
Health & Medicine
- Consumer Health Complete: Provides information directed towards the needs of the patients, and to help the understanding of health-related topics.
- Net Wellness: NetWellness is a global, community service providing quality, unbiased health information from our partner university faculty. NetWellness is commercial-free and does not accept advertising.
- Salem Health: Online access to Salem Press’ award-winning health reference works.
History & Biography
- Biography Reference Bank: Search and access hundreds of biographical reference e-books.
- History by Salem Press: Online access to Salem Press’ history reference works.
Issues & Controversies
- Facts On File: Issues & Controversies: Resources for "Pro / Con" issues. Search and access reference e-books, newspapers, magazines, encyclopedias, and multi-media on a variety of subjects.
- Facts on File: Issues & Controversies in American History: Resources for "Pro / Con" issues in American history. Search and access reference e-books, newspapers, magazines, encyclopedias, and multi-media on a variety of subjects.
Lands & Peoples
- Global Road Warrior (In Library Access / Home Access): Explore the nations of the world. Provides cultural, geographic, travel, and news information for more than 200+ countries.
- AtoZ The USA (In Library Access / Home Access): Explore the United States. Provides cultural, historical, geographic, and social information for the US states and territories.
Magazines & Newspapers
- Facts On File: World News Digest: Explore world news articles.
- MasterFILE Premier: Provides full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals with full-text information dating as far back as 1975. Covering virtually every subject area of general interest, MasterFILE Premier also contains full text for nearly 500 reference books and over 164,400 primary source documents, as well as an Image Collection of over 592,000 photos, maps & flags.
- Newspaper Source: Provides cover-to-cover full text for more than 40 (U.S.) & international newspapers. The database also contains selective full text for 389 regional (U.S.) newspapers. In addition, full text television & radio news transcripts are also provided.
- A to Z Maps Online: 145,000+ maps including world, continent, country, and U.S. states. View, download, and print royalty-free maps.
- Facts On File: Science Online: Explore all sciences with articles, diagrams, experiments, biographies, timelines, videos, and multi-media.
- Facts On File: Today's Science: Science news written especially for students.
- Salem Science: Online access to Salem Press’ science reference works.
Testing & Exams
- OhioMeansJobs Assessment and Training Center: Use dynamic tutorials, easy-to-use practice tests and e-books for elementary, middle school, and high school skills; adult basic skills and learning; GED test preparation; college test preparation, career test preparation; OMJ Core assessments; Master Core business skills; and computer skills improvement.